Don’t let a disaster put you out of business
Every small business owner knows the importance of their business data. What many don’t realize is that while the chances of a major disaster are quite remote, the majority of data loss is the result of small localized problems. Could your business weather a major equipment failure caused by a tree falling through the roof, a lightning strike, viruses, or even theft?
ACS has you covered:
- Business continuity and disaster recovery planning – customized for your business needs
- Data backup and recovery – "bullet proof" your mission-critical data files
According to the US Bureau of Labor, 93 percent of companies that suffer a significant data loss are out of business within five years.
Advanced Computer Solutions combines planning, prevention, and protection to make sure your business thrives no matter what comes your way. We provide reliable, safe, and secure backup and restore solutions at affordable prices. Your business depends upon critical data being readily available. Let Advanced Computer Solutions be your safe OFFSITE data storage solution.
Most small businesses put their lives on the line every day and don’t realize it. With businesses depending more and more on the data stored on their computers, proper backups are becoming much more critical. Remote backups accomplish several essential steps that are often overlooked or done improperly by other backup software, especially the regular non-automated back up systems.
- Backups are done on schedule every night. Most businesses don’t do this. For one reason or another they don’t keep a regular backup regimen. Usually it’s because the person responsible for doing backups, if there is one, is too busy doing something else, someone is using the computer when it’s time for a backup or they simply forget. Since remote backups are done with automated software at night when no one is using the computer backups are always done on schedule.
- All the correct files are backed up. Ordinary backup software is installed with a list of files to be backed up. This set of files usually represents the state of the system when the software was installed and often misses critical files. Further, it fails to backup files that are added later. Compounding this problem, very few businesses take the time to reset their backup software regularly to include those new files. Remote backup solves problems with a sophisticated system that constantly reevaluates your system adding files to the backup as needed.
- Redundant copies of files are stored using a sophisticated version control system unavailable in any other backup software of any kind. This is much too important to overlook. The general definition of proper backups requires redundancy, that is one must keep multiple copies of the same files at different points in their development, called versions. As an example, you should have a different copy of each backed up file for each day of the week, one for each week of the month, and one for each month of the year. Further, you should be able to easily restore any of your files up to any given point in time. Banks do it. Big corporations do it and so should small businesses.
- Backups are encrypted for complete security. Would you want someone to be able to slip one of your backup tapes into a pocket and take it from your premises? It happens all the time. Tape back ups are not generally encrypted so anyone can read them and gain access to your client database, billing records, payroll, tax information and everything else on your computer. Our remote backup system encrypts all data for compete security. Nobody, not even, our employees can read your data, only you.
- Finally and most importantly, backups are immediately sent off site and stored safely away from the computer, and the business. This is where almost every business makes its biggest mistake. Even if you do everything else perfectly, your backups are of little use if your building burns or if you’re unable to physically recover your tapes from the premises. Most small companies that do backups leave the tapes in the building where they can be destroyed right along with the computer.
In summary, all of the correct files are encrypted and sent immediately off site at night. With remote backup you won’t even know it’s there until you need it. You’ll never worry about backups again.